Health & Wellness
Health. Wellness. Fun Along the Way.
Our goal is to educate the people in local communities on how to stay healthy by providing a variety of health and wellness programs.
- EXERCISE FACILITY: Treadmills, and elliptical machines available on the third floor.
- THE KINGSLEY 30MIN WORKOUT – Powered by Cybex:
We have something that will help make your journey toward a healthy lifestyle a little easier. The Kingsley 30min Workout is a strength training circuit that you can do at almost any time. Located on the third floor. We have also developed a Workout Tracker that will help you keep track of your progress, as well as provide you with a way to modify each workout to suit your fitness needs.
(All programs are taught by certified instructors. For current class availability, please see the Latest Member Schedule)
Class Times: Mondays & Wednesdays 12:00pm – 1:00pm
Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Looking to tone up? Build strength? Body Toning is the way to do it! Join us for a wide range of exercises focusing on cardio, strength training, and flexibility. Includes the use of resistance bands, dumbbells, medicine balls and stability ball for a total body workout.
Class Times: Tuesdays & Thursdays 10:00am-11:00am 7:30pm – 8:30pm
Saturdays 9:00am – 10:30am
Yoga means to “yoke” or to “join” the individual self back to our Creator. Doing yoga to smooth jazz and Motown sounds is a great way to relieve stress while also improving balance, flexibility and coordination.
Men Only Yoga
Class Times: Mondays 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Integrative yoga classes combine yoga movements, rhythm and dance movements, with aromatherapy (essential oils), Reiki: Yoga means to “yoke” or to “join” the individual self back to our Creator. Doing yoga to smooth jazz and Motown sounds is a great way to relieve stress while also improving balance, flexibility and coordination. And yes…real men do yoga too.
Power Yoga for The Athletic
Class Times: Mondays 5:30pm – 6:15pm
This yoga class is not for the faint of heart. Kingsley members will engage in an intense yoga fitness class that assists with developing: kinesthetic awareness, strength and flexibility, balance and coordination, cardiovascular and circulatory health, and relaxation and renewal. Bring water, a towel and be prepared to sweat!
Class Times: Tuesdays & Thursdays 11:30am – 1:30pm
Line dancing is a great way to strengthen your heart, improve your diabetic A1C, tone your muscles and lose some weight. It will also, of course, make you the king or queen of the dance floor!
Class Times: Tuesday 11:00pm – 12:00pm
Thursday 11:00am – 12:00pm
Take advantage of the water’s liquid resistance power with directional changes and multidimensional movement while working your heart, toning your muscles and strengthening your core. Water buoyancy belts are provided so participants do not have to be swimmers in order to enjoy the class. This non-impact water workout provides a great option for obtaining maximum calorie burn without pressure on your feet, knees, hips and joints. Come join us in the water!
Class Times: Tuesdays 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Saturdays 11:00am – 12:00pm
A combination of Latin and international music with a fun and effective workout system, classes are adaptable for all skill and fitness levels. They feature dance and other fitness techniques.
Centers for Healthy Hearts and Souls (Diabetes Support Group)
Meeting Times: 1st and 2nd Tuesday of The Month
Participants are trained and encouraged to help each other learn the best ways to manage and control diabetes.
A multi-level group exercise program that is equipment based for total body conditioning. The overall class objectives are to minimize age-related physical deterioration and to improve heath and skilled related physical fitness components to increase functional activities for daily living and increase a person’s sense of well-being in a group setting.
- CARDIO CIRCUIT: This more intense workout includes standing non-impact choreography alternating with standing upper body strength, using hand-held weights, tubing bands and a ball. Note: This class is for people who are comfortable standing to exercise for 30-40 minutes at a time. A chair is used for standing support.
- MUSCULAR STRENGTH AND RANGE OF MOVEMENT (MSROM): This class is designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement, and activity for daily living skills. A chair is used for seated and/or standing support.
- YOGA STRETCH: Using a chair for support, in this class you will increase flexibility, build endurance and learn how to relax and think more clearly.
- SILVERSPLASH: This water fitness program is designed to help enhance quality of life and daily function, using a specially designed SilverSneakers® kick board. No swimming ability is required for this safe, fun and effective program.